Did you know a health safety representative is basically an elected person chosen by the company who is there to represent that safety and health concerns of the employees and workers of the organization? They play a really important role with regards to the health and safety condition of the employees and likewise, they are there to provide guidance and to take steps accordingly about the issues they are facing. The health and safety representative have a very important role to play at any organization hence, they must be treated accordingly.
Some of the benefits the come with having such a representative in your organization are as follows;
- They have the ability to understand the issues and concerns of the employees that they are facing.
- They are there to allow the workers to share in their ideas, viewpoints and concerns in a much formal way so they can be heard of.
- A professional and trained health safety representative can exercise special powers in order to represent the team.
As much as we know about the utmost important of having a health safety representative in a workplace, there are still a few things that most of us aren’t aware of. Let’s find out what are those.
- The representative doesn’t really need to become a part of any such committee that represents the health and safety jobs but if they will to, it is better for both the parties.
- The time spent as a health and safety representative in order to conduct their job depends on the type of organization you are working with and the number of employees working there for whom yo have been hired for.
- The role of the representative is not solely to fix and correct the problems pertaining to health and safety at the workplace but also to represent the employees with respect to the issues related to health and safety problems. This is required to identify the problematic areas, implementing and taking relevant actions to control the situation and then providing solutions in order to deal with them permanently.
So if you have still not thought about hiring a health safety representative for your workplace, it is high time to get one in order to maintain safety and protection of the employees of the organization. Not only this is for the safety of them but also having such an environment can make the employees feel motivated and valued that the organization feels that they are an important resource for the company. As result, this may lead to job satisfaction and less turnover as workers would feel important in the eyes of the company.